In honour of this week's unhappy Sunday, I made myself a Grumpy Cat brooch, based on the meme.
He's pretty simple, made from felt and a little brooch pin. If you want to make your own, here's how:
- Felt in various colours
- A brooch pin
How to do it:
- Cut out your pieces of felt (I cut up a picture of Mr Grumpy Cat himself as a pattern).
- Use a bit of glue to attach your ears to the head pieces. Secure with a few stitches.
- Glue down your eye pieces and muzzle piece, then secure with stitches.
- Sew on two tiny blue felt pieces for eyes, then stitch on pupils, and a nose and very grumpy mouth.
Set the face aside for now.
- Sew the legs onto the front of the body.
- Sew the brooch pin onto the back of the body, and sew the two body pieces together, adding stuffing.
- Sew the two head pieces together, through the neck area, securing the head to the body. Add stuffing and close the head.
And then, your grumpy cat brooch is all ready to wear!
Happy grouching. :)